Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Re: FMA skirmish questions

From: "Voivode Shrike (a.k.a. Ryan)" <voivode@v...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 21:11:10 -0400
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Questions first:

    I read through the current batch of answers and the one question I
had
from my first read that wasn't already answered is regarding REACTION
FIRE.
Can any (and/or all?) models that haven't been activated make this out
of
turn shot or is it only on a one for one basis?  And this is regardless
of
any other action they performed in a previous turn?
    Just to make sure I am clear lets say the model A on side 1, has
just
been activated and wondes into sight of three models from side 2, could
each
of them take a REACTION FIRE activation or could only one of them?

   (I realize some common sense should prevail, but isn't part of
playtesting assuming that the reader may have no common sense?)

    As for shotguns, I like the idea of taking a string and placing it's
middle at the maximum range of the weapon and then flattening out it's
end
by some factor,in inch's,(spread factor?) of the shotgun's range and
drawing
the ends of the string back to meet at the shooter (it ends up looking
like
a cone but it allows for a different betwwen a double barrel sawed-off
and
longer barrelled combat shotgun)  It ends up looking like this:
				-
			   -	 |
    Double Barreled    -	 |
    Sawed-off	    -		 |
		       -	 |
			   -	 |
				-

    Combat Shotgun			    -
			     -		     |
	       -			     |
			     -		     |
					    -

    However this may be more detailed than desired.  Perhaps something
like
1 target at close range, any within 2" at Medium, and any withn 4" at
long
range OR maybe having a close spread and a wide-spread weapon design
choice
where one allows  1-target/2"/4" and the otehr allows 2"/4"/8" which
cost
more (and why someone might make the range shorter when designing them,
reduce cost  (and better emulate a sawed-off).	This one is much easier
play than the string idea.

Comments anyone?

Also,
    I have never even seen any of the GZG products except Full Thrust
(which
is quite spectacular to say the least) and I took a look at the FMA
playtest
rules and I was blown away, this is a wonderful set of rules.

Later,

Voivode Shrike (Ryan Fisk)
voivode@voyager.net
"It's not denial.  I'm just very
 selective about the reality I accept."
-Calvin
(Calvin and Hobbes, by Bill Watterson)

Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions