Prev: [LIST] Please watch the formats Next: Strange skirmish ideas

Re: More Fighter questions

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 17:36:45 -0700
Subject: Re: More Fighter questions

ScottSaylo@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/10/99 11:26:51 PM Central Daylight Time,
> john_t_leary@pronetusa.net writes:
>
> << storage areas, other than that the ships are the same.
>  On turn one, two of the three 'stored' squadrons on my ship are
>		moved into hanger bays.
>  On turn two, the two are armed/fueled and the third is brought
>		to the hanger bay.
>  On turn three, the two are launched and the third is fueled/armed.
>  On turn four, the third is launched.
>   >>

> Why not simply increase the number of hangar bays? The flight deck and
the
> hanger deck on a wet navy carrier are used equally for fueling and
ordnance.
...Large snip...JTL

Because I was trying to be reasonable and invoke some sort of
play balence penelty for the 'hanger deck/stored' fighters.
If I wanted to be unreasonable, I would have had 8 fighters Sq.on
the carrier, (2 hanger bays, 6 in hanger deck/storage) and launched
them all at the start of the game per the rules.

And at this point, I defer to the roar of the bored and
decline further comment.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: [LIST] Please watch the formats Next: Strange skirmish ideas