Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions

Re: FMA skirmish questions

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 18:45:12 +0100
Subject: Re: FMA skirmish questions

>I'd like to clarify a few things. (and yeah, I and a lot of others can
>probably settle these just fine between us using common sense)
>
>i) Can a figure fire with the same weapon in both actions ?  (In SG2,
you
>cannot).

Provided it isn't a single-shot weapon, I think yes.

>ii) Can a leader transfer to the same subordinate twice in an
activation ?
>(In SG2, we don't allow this).

Gut feeling says no, but is this an unneccesary restriction? (Given that
we
want to keep the number of arbitrary and special rules to a bare
minimum)

>iii) Is there any reaction test to enter or hold your ground in close
combat
>?  Must you make a combat move to enter close combat ?  On the whole,
>entering close combat is strictly easy in these rules (no morale, no
>variable charge range, only reaction or overwatch fire to interrupt the
>charge, no follow ups or overruns).

That's a bit of the rules I haven't finished writing yet! Remember,
these
were released to the list in a very rough form, and many bits are
incomplete. I think that the reaction tests as you mention are both good
ideas, as is the combat-move roll.

>iv) Is it a GM's job to determine when morale-type reaction tests are
taken
>?  There are no guidelines for when a force might test to flee, etc.

One thing I need to put in is an overall "force morale" mechanism, as
well
as individual reactions.

>v) Do you have to take an isolationtest on a transferred action ?  (eg.
Sgt
>Fiset (Veteran) is only 8" from Cpl Grundy and succeeds in transfering
an
>action to him.  However, Grundy is Green and Isolated.  Does Grundy
have to
>test to act  (ie. might he hesitate) ?)  I can see arguments both ways;
>Grundy is indeed isolated, but Fiset has had to overcome the sum of the
>motivations in order to transfer the action, so maybe a further test is
not
>required.

I'd say no further test required - the transfer of action overcomes the
isolation.

>vi) Thrown grenades refer to character strength die types, though that
topic
>isn't covered anywhere else. (GM's judgement, I expect)

Another case of the draft being cobbled together from incomplete bits!!
Put it on the list of things still to be done....

>vii) What is the spread effect of a shotgun ?	What is the sustained
fire
>ability of a Light SMG ?  They are a bit expensive, so significant, but
not
>clearly spelled out. (This really needs some clarification)

See above comment...... :-)

>viii) Area effect explosive damage weapons seem to have an accuracy
number,
>and variable impact based on range from centre of impact.  The actual
>description of how to resolve these is not given (though there's lots
on how
>to place them and deviate them).

And again....

>Nitpicks:  Couldn't find combat move defined, but referenced under
>suppression in the open.  Dice for combat move vaguely referenced in
>movement rate chart.

Yes, one of the draft versions (from whihc the movement rules were
taken)
didn't have combat moves, but I think we'll use them - they work well.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: FMA skirmish questions Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions