Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions

FMA skirmish questions

From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 1999 12:41:56 -0400
Subject: FMA skirmish questions

I'd like to clarify a few things. (and yeah, I and a lot of others can
probably settle these just fine between us using common sense)

i) Can a figure fire with the same weapon in both actions ?  (In SG2,
you
cannot).

ii) Can a leader transfer to the same subordinate twice in an activation
?
(In SG2, we don't allow this).

iii) Is there any reaction test to enter or hold your ground in close
combat
?  Must you make a combat move to enter close combat ?	On the whole,
entering close combat is strictly easy in these rules (no morale, no
variable charge range, only reaction or overwatch fire to interrupt the
charge, no follow ups or overruns).

iv) Is it a GM's job to determine when morale-type reaction tests are
taken
?  There are no guidelines for when a force might test to flee, etc.

v) Do you have to take an isolationtest on a transferred action ?  (eg.
Sgt
Fiset (Veteran) is only 8" from Cpl Grundy and succeeds in transfering
an
action to him.	However, Grundy is Green and Isolated.	Does Grundy have
test to act  (ie. might he hesitate) ?)  I can see arguments both ways;
Grundy is indeed isolated, but Fiset has had to overcome the sum of the
motivations in order to transfer the action, so maybe a further test is
not
required.

vi) Thrown grenades refer to character strength die types, though that
topic
isn't covered anywhere else. (GM's judgement, I expect)

vii) What is the spread effect of a shotgun ?  What is the sustained
fire
ability of a Light SMG ?  They are a bit expensive, so significant, but
not
clearly spelled out. (This really needs some clarification)

viii) Area effect explosive damage weapons seem to have an accuracy
number,
and variable impact based on range from centre of impact.  The actual
description of how to resolve these is not given (though there's lots on
how
to place them and deviate them).

Nitpicks:  Couldn't find combat move defined, but referenced under
suppression in the open.  Dice for combat move vaguely referenced in
movement rate chart.

Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: FMA skirmish questions