Prev: Re: Mines Next: Re: Mines (small rant)

Re: Updated Electronic Warfare Rules

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Sat, 10 Jul 1999 10:02:44 -0700
Subject: Re: Updated Electronic Warfare Rules

Phillip Pournelle wrote:
>	    >>Detection range for passive systems is too
>	    short.  It is entirely possible for an unstealthed
>	    Mass 100 ship (with no thrust, or thrust 2 if it's
>	    coming at you) to get within 6" of a passive
>	    civilian ship--or an asteroid of the same size
>	    could do the same--without being detected at all.

XXX
     It is wildly unlikely that a real civilian ship will have
passive sensors.  As far as a military ship sneaking up on
the civilian, thats why they have the billion dollar sensor/
ECM systems.   JTL
XXX
...Snip...more snippage, with most of the content, I agree.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Mines Next: Re: Mines (small rant)