Prev: re: FMA stuff... Next: Re: [SG] WW2

Re: Affectiveness of FSE BDN?

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 14:58:02 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: Re: Affectiveness of FSE BDN?

Well, after playing around with designs and giving myself some
constraints (speed is important, must have fighters because the
mini has a hanger bay) I came up with this.

Design Summary (AO)
 Displacement 160
 Point Cost   539
 Ship Type    Military
 Hull Strength	Average
 Thrust       5
 FTL Capable
 SML	      (2)
 SM Magazine  Cap: 8 (4 / 2 ER salvos)
 Beam / 1     FP F FS AP A AS
 Beam / 1     FP F FS AP A AS
 Beam / 3     FP F FS
 Beam / 3     F FS
 Beam / 3     FP F
 Screen       Level 1
 PDS	      (4)
 FC	      (3)
 Fighter Bay

Replace 2 of the 2's with 3's, drop the third.	Rip out a few
inertial compensators (drop the drives to a 5) and replace with
an extra SML launcher.

I think it would be even more affective if the fighter bay were
removed, an adfc and a extra pds added and 4 more space devoted to
sm magazine and the FS/FP 3's given AS/AP, but this would lose a
bit of the flavor of a BDN and not match the miniature anyway.

Now, I've done 1 FB battle and 4 FT battles so the original FSE
BDN could be fine if used with proper tactics.	Also, this ship
could have a glaring weakness that I am too clueless to see.

I have to say I like the design rules in FB MUCH better, the tendancy
to do everything in all arc weapons has basicly gone away, it costs
too much space.

Roger Books

Prev: re: FMA stuff... Next: Re: [SG] WW2