Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: More Fighter questions

Re: More Fighter questions

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 1999 20:03:16 -0700
Subject: Re: More Fighter questions

ScottSaylo@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/8/99 5:59:20 PM Central Daylight Time,
> john_t_leary@pronetusa.net writes:
>
> <<
>  However, the problem is one of divergent views;
>  one group thinks of packing cases with fighters
>  inside and the other thinks of fighters in an
>  area off the main hanger deck/bay.	The fighters
>  in the 'storage area' are fully flightworthy and
>  only need to be armed and positioned for launch.
>   >>

> Generaly speaking a carrier does not have replacement aircraft aboard
- they
> want the space taken up with fighters they can launch NOW. A fighter
in the
> cargo hold is one crated for cargo storage, not flight operations, ask
> Carrier crewman alive today.

     I do agree with the replacement A/C statement.

I think too much is being made about this 'crate' concept.

If it will make you all feel better, change the 'storage area' to
read 'Airframe and Engine maintenance area' and/or 'Weapons and
Electronics maintenance area'.	 Rationalization can do wonders!!

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Re: More Fighter questions