Prev: Carrier capacity Next: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates

Re: More Fighter questions

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 17:39:09 +0200
Subject: Re: More Fighter questions

Channing Faunce wrote:

> Sometime ago I suggested an optional rule that would allow launch
> facilities and fighter bays to be purchased seperately. If memory
serves > correctly it was 9 Mass / 27 points (same as FB Hangers) for
Launch
> Bays and 6 Mass / 18 points for Hanger Bays. You could launch in one
> turn as many fighter squadrons as you had Launch Bays. I am working
> from memory here and the values may not be exact.

This might be OK as long as you can't store fighters in the launch bay
and the carrier only carries fighters in the hangar bays (ie, the
launch bay is a launch/recovery *only*).

I'm wary about it, though: unless the enemy surprised the carrier
(drops out of FTL on top of it or vice versa, etc) I've never had any
problems staying away for long enough to launch my entire fighter force
- ie, the limited launch capacity hasn't been any real penalty. When
you reduce the hangar bay Mass to 6 (effectively reducing the cost of
the fighter squadron by ~20 points) without adding any real penalty to
compensate, the game balance is kinda broken :-(

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Carrier capacity Next: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates