Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Carrier capacity

Ordnance

From: "Tom McCarthy" <tmcarth@f...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:32:04 -0400
Subject: Ordnance

I'm talking about fighters, missiles, etc. here.

There's a lot of talk reloads and rearmament, as well as launch and
recovery.  Here's my 2c.

i) I like the EFSB launch and recovery restrictions (half your fighters
coming or going any turn).  Simple and easy to remember.  That said, the
launch/recovery/hot standby bay varieties add a nice strategy element
for
those who want the complication.

ii) I'm more than willing to assume that the hangar bays and SML
magazines
we purchase include 5 postbattle reloads, meaning your SML armed ship
can
fight 6 campaign battles before it's empty and your fighter groups are
repaired or replaced for 6 campaign battles, but no repair/replacements
during a battle.

iii) I'm told by a reliable source that the FT fleets are too small to
transport sizable ground forces such as we see in DS2 and SG2.	Since
ground
combat occurs, we can assume that outside the range of our tabletop
weapons
there are large clusters of massive troop transports, supply ships, and
tenders to transport troops.  They may also be available for the repair
and
replenishment after the battle.  Why don't they appear on the board
during
battles (especially surprise attacks) ?  I don't know.	Maybe they're
too
valuable to attack or it's an oversight in scenario construction.

Simply put, unless it's a campaign or very important, lengthy battle,
I'm
not worried about repair and replenishment of fighters, and I'm willing
see most of them launched very quickly in a battle.

Prev: Re: More Fighter questions Next: Carrier capacity