Prev: RE: Fighters Next: Re: Fighters

RE: SLAM for SG2

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 12:34:58 +1000
Subject: RE: SLAM for SG2

With regard to the ranges, I was looking to keep it more in line with
the
rest of the heavy weapons, as it's DS range is in the same range
brackets as
everything else (36-48" in 1/300 scale, I don't have my book with me).
The
firecontrol is more a case of dropping your crosshairs on the target &
then
pulling the trigger to hope the salvo goes where you want it.  Mainly it
gives the second die to keep in line with the other SG mechanics.

The radius would be easier to work out, as it keeps it the same as
artillery
& there's no benefit/disadvantage in arranging the template a certain
way.

I see SLAM more as unguided projectiles launched by the dozen to
saturate
the area.  Each rocket would be roughly a heavier version of IAVR; no
guidance but plenty of punch.  If it was a twin or multiple mount, then
it
could be treated as a DS converged sheaf or open sheaf barrage.

MRLS would be more along the lines of Heavy Artillery Rockets; a single
round which has guidance & then spreads cluster rounds over the target
area
to maximise hits.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
Commodore Alfred K Hole - RNS Indy's Folly [CB]
Captain Nicolette O'Teen - RNMS Golden Spear [CB]
EBD Medusa