Prev: RE: More Fighter questions Next: RE: Fighters

RE: Fw: Carriers and other updates

From: "Robertson, Brendan" <Brendan.Robertson@d...>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 1999 11:57:52 +1000
Subject: RE: Fw: Carriers and other updates

Locally, we resolve fighter attacks after the ship has fired.  This
limits
the single turn effect on alternating fire.  Not that it helps much on
the
first turn against 100+ fighters.

At Conquest'99, I fielded 12 fighter squadrons in a 2300 pt game (6
attack,
6 long range).	Against the one fleet with no ADFC, they annihilated 1
capital per turn, but against the rest of the fleets with ADFC, I only
got
in 1-2 good attack runs before cumulative PDS fire reduced them below
effective levels.
If I had have attacked before the ships fired, my battleships would
probably
have survived the battles.

'Neath Southern Skies - http://users.mcmedia.com.au/~denian/
Commodore Alfred K Hole - RNS Indy's Folly [CB]
Captain Nicolette O'Teen - RNMS Golden Spear [CB]
EBD Medusa