Prev: Re: balancing Fighters Next: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads

Re: More Fighter questions

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 23:21:19 +0100
Subject: Re: More Fighter questions

>In a message dated 7/7/99 2:13:07 PM EST, devans@uneb.edu writes:
>
><<
> You seem to complain there isn't a one-to-one correspondence of bays
> launch. If you MUST have that, then it's a house rule.
>
> The_Beast
>  >>
> I like the two launches, 1 recovery - but tying it to the number of
bays and
>tying squadrons to bay facilities makes big sense.

As a [semi-official] suggestion, how about launch full complement in one
turn (based on earlier comments about turn length), and recover 50%
(rounded up) of full complement?
Thus a ship with five groups embarked could launch them all, but recover
only three per turn.
Gets away from having to define "carriers" in terms of game function -
carrier just becomes  a descriptive term applied to any ship that has a
large percentage of its payload devoted to fighter bays.
"Crated" fighters carried in cargo or in fleet auxiliaries should only
be
used to replace losses between games in campaign settings - transfer
from
cargo to launch bays, assembly/uncrating, prep-up, tests/checks and
everything else should be way outside the game timespan....

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: balancing Fighters Next: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads