Prev: RE: More Fighter questions Next: Re: FMA Skirmish question

FMA Skirmish question

From: Andy Cowell <andy@c...>
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 1999 12:45:05 -0400
Subject: FMA Skirmish question

I mentioned earlier that I was dabbling with some FMA skirmish rules.
I had a question about what people think about suppression in a 1:1
figure:groundscale game:

If an average human figure has no cover, and is suppressed, what
happens?

Does the figure freeze up?
Does the figure drop to the ground?
Does the figure head toward cover?

What do real soldiers do when they are fired upon in the open?	I
can't imagine them just standing there and taking it, but I just don't
know.

I thought about requiring a figure who receives a suppression result
when in the open to make an additional Confidence test.  If the
character fails the Confidence test, he must lose confidence and stay
in the open (effectively just standing there); he can't take any
further actions until the suppression is removed.  If the character
passes the Confidence test, then he may (must?) make combat moves
toward the nearest cover during his normal activation, despite the
suppression.  He's considered to be suppressed normally once he
reaches cover.

Thanks for your help.

Prev: RE: More Fighter questions Next: Re: FMA Skirmish question