Prev: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads Next: Re: [OT] Pages on Geocities

Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates

From: JRebori682@a...
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 19:51:44 EDT
Subject: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates

books@mail.state.fl.us writes:

> Date: Mon, 5 Jul 1999 12:48:29 EDT
>  From: JRebori682@aol.com
>  Subject: Re: Fw: Carriers and other updates
>
>  In a message dated 7/5/99 8:06:55 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
>  ScottSaylo@aol.com writes:
>
>  > I can just see the look on the oppositions face as the CV they just

>  > targeted took off at over 40 knots! LOL
>
>  You do know the official US line on carriers is "In excess of 30
>  knots".  A rooster tail as high as the flight deck is pretty
>  impressive.	Of course, it does take a bit to get up to that speed.
:)

>  Roger Books
>  USN 1983-1989, CV66 for most of it.

Yeah, Roger. I know it. We used to say Pegasus could go in "excess of 40

knots....more in excess than any one else in the fleet" And it took us
about
a minute from dead on the hull to full Military power. :-) Hey, we even
wore
seatbelts on watch!

John Rebori
USN 1976-1982, PHM1 for most of that.

Nice to see another swabbie around

Prev: Re: balancing Fighters and different SM loads Next: Re: [OT] Pages on Geocities