Prev: Re: balancing Fighters Next: Re: balancing Fighters

RE: balancing Fighters

From: "Tim Jones" <Tim.Jones@S...>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 1999 15:04:47 +0100
Subject: RE: balancing Fighters

>I like fighters and don't see them as a problem.

I agree the FB fighter rules are pretty cannonical IMO.

>The only quick change I can see to even things up is to allow
>ships to fire their PDS at a range of 12"
>at any fighters in range but must use a firecon to do so.

I would just let PDS fire at any fighters in 6MU range
and not require the ship to have an ADFC or the fighters to
be attacking the ship, it can over-watch for any passing fighters
and zap them as they pass. They don't need an FC for this as
PDS is clearly stated as having an integral FC anyway.

>The main problem I have is fighters just going where they like
>without having to be careful of enemy
>ships.

I agree allowing PDS to target any hostile fighter in range would be
a good house rule.

-= tim jones =-

Prev: Re: balancing Fighters Next: Re: balancing Fighters