Prev: Re: Painting Camouflage on figs/tanks Next: Re: FT: Star Trek designing

Re: Using FTFB interceptors

From: John Leary <john_t_leary@p...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 16:07:24 -0700
Subject: Re: Using FTFB interceptors

Tom McCarthy wrote:

> I had an unusual situation come up the other day and while what's done
is
> done, neither side is entirely comfortable with it.  I'd like to get a
> consensus on the best way to play it.

Well, I'll let you in on what we do 'round here.

Background item:
 Fighters do not have ranged fire, they must be in base to base
to make an attack.

     If an attack fighter moved to attack a ship and was intercepted
the attack fighter has only two options: attack the ship or dogfight.
If dogfight: resolve normally.
If ship attack: the defending fighters fire and kills are removed,
		then the surviving attack fighters carry out the
		attack on the ship.

FTFB section on endurance:
     I see no reason why the fighters could not persue the fleeing
attack fighters except, out of endurance or intercepted by fighter
friends of the attack crowd.

Bye for now,
John L.

Prev: Re: Painting Camouflage on figs/tanks Next: Re: FT: Star Trek designing