Prev: Wing Commander Next: Re: Fuel Thrust

Re: Sorry guys should have guessed

From: Mark Reindl <mreindl@j...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 07:53:20 -0700
Subject: Re: Sorry guys should have guessed

Spoilers Ahoy!
.
OK, well, there's my opening.  I've got to disagree here.  I am very
familiar
with the plotline for the games, and this had little to do with that
plotline,
or any plotline for that matter, since the plot had holes large enough
to fly an
SDN through (for example, if the Tiger Claw was badass enough to take on
couple of Kilrathi cruisers, then why did it hide from a single weenie
destroyer?  How come Blair was close to getting sucked out into space,
but the
people on the flight deck ten feet away were able to stand up?	And why
didn't
they just push that wrecked fighter *back through* the shield into the
bay with
that little tractor, and why did it fall *off* the ship, which is out in
space
where there's no freaking gravity?  If anything, it should've floated
away, even
if we assume that the artificial gravity field envelops an area around
the ship
as well, it really shouldn't have fallen off.  And neither last nor
least, why
did they put the nav beacon behind bulletproof glass if they wanted to
destroy
it in case of attack by Kilrathi?  Apparently the Kilrathi can go
through the
door into the room to get the thing, but a Terran Admiral can't go
through the
same door to destroy it :P.  I was disappointed in the movie for a
variety of
reasons, but those are the highlights.

Mark