Prev: Re: FT: ST designing Next: Re: That Flat top carrier topic :)

Re: Starbase assault

From: "Peter Caron" <pcaron@c...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 07:02:13 -0700
Subject: Re: Starbase assault

-----Original Message-----
From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au>
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU <gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
Date: Tuesday, June 29, 1999 6:58 PM

>G'day guys,

<SNIP>

>The
>scenario was a good idea I just think there needed to be a few more
ships
>or a slightly smaller starbase if the fleet was to have a real chance
of
>taking the place, either that of the fleet should have taken some
dedicated
>trrop carriers and had some MAJOR boarding actions... guess we'll know
for
>next time.

What a friend and I did when tackling a starbase was to build troop
carriers
with nothing but defense.  My friend built a bunch of smaller ships.

We sustained some damage but got through the mine field.
It was over in 12 turns.  Took the starbase with our troops.

We did what wasn't expected and it paid off.  Next time won't be so
easy...

Pete

Prev: Re: FT: ST designing Next: Re: That Flat top carrier topic :)