Prev: Re: Painting Camouflage on figs/tanks Next: RE: FT: ST designing

Re: FT: ST designing

From: Glen Bailey <Glen.Bailey@s...>
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 1999 08:57:24 -0400
Subject: Re: FT: ST designing

>From: Alan E and Carmel J Brain <aebrain@dynamite.com.au>
>Subject: Re: FT: Star Trek designing
>
>Glen Bailey wrote:
>>
>> I can't help it.  I tried to avoid designing ships based on that
>> show, but it keeps sucking me in.
>
>Have a squizz at http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain/FT/STARTREK.HTM
>
>for another, rather similar viewpoint. Perhaps we could get together,
>as
>your ideas closely (though not exactly) parallel my own.

I did look at your webpage and generally liked it.
Although, you have the D7 bigger and tougher than the Fed CA.
You seem to be trying a direct SFB conversion (no choice when using
SFB created races) while I'm trying to go for the feel of ST,
with some influence from other games.

Could the Romulan plasma torpedo be represented by an SML?
The "number of missiles on target" could represent how
close the torpedo got to its target before exploding.
With no PDS then class-1s can only reduce the "warhead"
strength a little.  To simulate the dissapation based on
range use this system instead (borrowing from that new idea
currently in discussion about SMLs):
1"-12" : 9 - 1D6 "missiles hit",
13"-24": 8 - 1D6,
25"-36": 7 - 1D6,
37"-48": 6 - 1D6.
Smaller plasma torpedo launchers could start with a smaller
base number (8 instead of 9).
One problem I see is that the current SMLs have a magazine
so it limits the number of shots.  But a SML-rack works for
F-torps (from SFB).

Glen

Prev: Re: Painting Camouflage on figs/tanks Next: RE: FT: ST designing