Prev: [SG] Preds, Bugs etc Next: Re: [FT] Sa'Vasku Fleetbook Style and FB2

[SG] Preds, Bugs & how they ate Marines

From: Kelvin <kx.henderson@q...>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 1999 11:08:40 +1000
Subject: [SG] Preds, Bugs & how they ate Marines

At 10:43 AM 6/29/99 +1000, you wrote:
>G'day guys,
>
>All this talk of predators has reminded me that I needed to ask whether
or
>not any of you knew of a good picture of a Predator so Derek can paint
up
>his 'Intergalactic Big Game Hunters'. For any one looking for figs to
put
>in their 'Predator' scenarios these guys work really well

As they did for us on Saturday.  Nice minis and they really helped set
the
scene.

Thanks to everyone who tried to help with rules and such for Preds and
Aliens in SG2.	We played a game on Saturday with some rules my friends
and
I came up with for the Pred and the Aliens.  The game ended up being a
"Marines holding their base against the final Alien attack" with the
Predator thrown in for good measure.  Kryomek Helions were used for the
Aliens and my NAC troopers and Civilian minis (for the HQ's Android of
course) became the Marines.  The "Intergalactic Big Game Hunter" made a
perfect Predator, of course.

The Predator had to collect 4 heads before leaving the battlefield and
they
had to be models it had personally killed.  The Maines had to hold on
for
Life and Limb and Aliens just had to eat everything in sight without
getting killed.  Both the Aliens and Pred started out Hidden.  I got
lumped
with the Marines.

The game was tense and exciting.  It had a real feel of desperation and
terror.  The Aliens were sufficiently scary in Close Assault, but got
ripped up by gunfire.  The Predator was nice and sneaky without being a
coward.  It ended with a victory for the Aliens, but only just.  They
took
heavy casualties on the way.  All in all it was a great game and even
though I got trashed I had a great time playing.

If anyone is interested, I can send a copy of the rules we used for the
Aliens and the Predator if you'd like.

-Kelvin....

	 "Of course I'm paranoid!
       Everyone's trying to kill me."

Prev: [SG] Preds, Bugs etc Next: Re: [FT] Sa'Vasku Fleetbook Style and FB2