Prev: Re: [OT] Silent Death missile markers Next: Re: [OT] Silent Death missile markers

Re: Missile counter measures.

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:42:33 +0100
Subject: Re: Missile counter measures.

>I'd have thought for SLM's this is already factored in the
>number of missiles on target, D6 roll. Depends if you want this
>more detailed level of abstraction, for a big fleet engagement I
>wouldn't, for a small squadron duel I might.
>
>-= tim jones =-

Yes, for the [OFFICIAL] line I'd tend to go with Tim here. I think we
can
assume that the roll for the number of missiles in the salvo that
actually
get target lock includes the fact that the target ship will be
desperately
spewing chaff, decoys and wideband ECM as the missiles close..... the
die
roll gives you the number that manage to lock onto the ship through all
this junk being chucked at them.

Jon (GZG)

Prev: Re: [OT] Silent Death missile markers Next: Re: [OT] Silent Death missile markers