Prev: Re: Ogre in DSII? Next: Re: Ogre in DSII?

Re: Ogre in DSII? (and DS unit organisation)

From: CartoGrafx@a...
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 21:53:21 EDT
Subject: Re: Ogre in DSII? (and DS unit organisation)

In a message dated 6/25/99 10:08:59 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk writes:

<< I got into DSII in a quest to find something less predictable and
stat
based as GW's Epic.
 I like 1/300th scale combat.
 I'm currently experimenting with unit organisation. Rather than have 3
or 4
of the same
 vehicles in a unit I'm mixing vehicles to get a more flexible unit.

 I have named them Combat groups and currently each unit has:

 Armoured Combat Group
 2 light tanks
 1 medium tank
 1 Missile vehicle (either multiple GMS/H or SLAM)

 Infantry Combat Group
 2 light tanks
 2 medium APC's (2 squads in each)
 1 IFV (GMS capacity and 1 Squad)

 I found that this gave my opponents a lot of problems because of the
 range of weapons available to the groups was far greater than if all
the
 vehicles in a unit were the same.

And oh My God don't the techs friggin hate you! Not only do we have to
keep
up the maintainence on several hard abused combat vehicles under harsh
field
conditions...but now they have to memorize the manuals on multiple
one-off
vehicles! Christ in a handbasket...I'd just shoot myself in the foot and
get
out rather than have to spend all that time...not to mention all the
parts I
have to stock to keep all that crap rolling hot. And by the by boyo you
really have the quartermaster pissed as well.....I expect you'll be
eating
reconstituted soya on your next Field Ex since now you've made him keep
up
with a dozen different ammo types for every platoon! He'll keep all his
wheeled assets tied up just carting you ammunition under combat
conditions.
Boy you armchair generals really piss me off!

Signed Lt. Emilio Augusto Jr.

(All in good fun and tongue in cheek....but I don't mix vehicles within
the
platoons for all the real world problems it would cause that the gaming
public takes for granted. Sure it's fun to rattle your opponents cage,
but I
prefer a greater degree of realism here.....just my 2 cents David
McElhannon)

Prev: Re: Ogre in DSII? Next: Re: Ogre in DSII?