Prev: Re: [SG]: 15mm Mini Manufacturers? Next: Re: OT Lehrer

Re: [SG]: 15mm Mini Manufacturers?

From: Nyrath the nearly wise <nyrath@c...>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 18:18:32 -0400
Subject: Re: [SG]: 15mm Mini Manufacturers?

Michael Llaneza wrote:

> I've done business with Iquisitor via eBay (Star Viking !!!). They're
> good, but use slow shipping (a week from SoCal to NorCal). Last
> grenadier is one of the older game stores, they've been around for at
> least 15 years.

	Phooey.  So you're the one who got Star Viking.

	I've got an old copy of it.  I think that the tile
	based movement system is very innovative, and
	would lend itself admirably to a computer based system.
	I like how you can go anywhere within an "orbit line",
	but have to move to the deep space box on the line
	in order to jump to an adjacent orbit.	It makes a
	nice choke point where you can station a holding force.

	All in all a very nice game in a small package.
	A pity that Dwarfstar Games is long gone.

	Grav Armor is good as well.  I'm trying to obtain
	a copy of Star Smuggler.

	With Grav Armor, it is incredible how a change to
	the terrain effects chart makes it into an entirely
	different game.

	With the chart for an airless Mercury-like world,
	line of sight is almost unlimited.  The instant
	your grav tanks stick their noses out of the mountains,
	their noses are blown to smithereens by the enemy
	on the far side of the map.

	With the chart for a murky atmosphere Venus-like world,
	things are different.  You have to practically move adjacent
	to your opponent in order to draw a bead on him.

	Amazing how one game element can have such a disproportionate
	effect.

Prev: Re: [SG]: 15mm Mini Manufacturers? Next: Re: OT Lehrer