Prev: Re: Vega? Next: Re: Flat top carriers

Re: The GZG Digest V1 #328

From: "Jim 'Jiji' Foster" <jiji@m...>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 08:33:34 -0700
Subject: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #328

>From: Phillip Atcliffe <Phillip.Atcliffe@uwe.ac.uk>

>I have steadfastly refused to let the elder boy use his modified
>Musashi as an upgraded Space Cruiser Yamato/Argo in FT -- not if it's
>supposed to be in scale with GZG stuff (or at least until I can get my
>hands on one of those 1/250th vacform Enterprise-A's -- 4 feet long!!)

Does model scale mean that much in FT? After all, ground scale is
immensely smaller than even GZG models...at least that's the rationale
I'm planning on using once I get my Bandai Yamato models painted up. :)

>From: Tony Francis <tony@glassghost.com>
>Revell do a great range of a dozen or more 1/1200th scale WWII
battleships
>and carriers. They're about 6" to 8" long, waterline models with
separate

When we first discovered FT, one of my friends used the submarines from
this range... glued to of the waterline halves together and mounted them
on the base sideways. A different sort of look... contrasted nicely with
the MicroMachines the rest of us were using.

Prev: Re: Vega? Next: Re: Flat top carriers