Prev: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff Next: Re: Unpainted Figures

Re: Unpainted Figures

From: "djwj" <djwj@e...>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 08:59:44 -0600
Subject: Re: Unpainted Figures

As far as obsessive figure collections, I probably don't even rank, but
put my $0.02 worth in I have approx. 1,000 miniatures and  Anime models
painted and based for wargaming (I think last count was 1,235, but that
was
a few months ago) and I have about 240 unfinished, 14 with no base coat.

As far as the "No paint, No play" rule I am very against it. If I am
going
to paint my figures I want to do a good job with it not just splatter a
coat
of paint on the fig so I can get around to playing the game I bought
them
for. I heard of a W40K game where a player had just bought an army and a
tube of glue to put them together before the game, when the other
players
quoted the GW line about painted figs he bought a can of black
spraypaint
and a jar of gold paint, spraypainted the figs black and put a gold dot
on
their foreheads, then called them painted. That's an extreme example but
that is a waste of good figs and paint. Even if you clean them off it is
nearly impossible to completely remove old paint.

I prefer to harass people about unpainted figs ("But... They're
NAKED!!!",
or "Hey, since they don't have a coat of paint isn't their armor
protection
one level less?" said jokingly of course, never change the rules just
because someone's figs aren't painted.)

Prev: Re: Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff Next: Re: Unpainted Figures