Prev: Re: [OT] Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff Next: Re: [OT] Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff

Re: [SG]-Stargrunt in 6mm

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:32:37 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: [SG]-Stargrunt in 6mm

On Thu, 17 Jun 1999, Christopher K Smith wrote:

> I got a bunch of the Ral Partha BTech infantry figures(regular and two
types
> of PA) and was wondering if anyone has ever tried SG using such small
> figures.  If so, and it was fun, I was thinking of picking up the
rules.
> Since I live in a one room apartment, and there is not one gaming
store with
> an hours drive(that I know of) space is at a premium.  My gaming
surface is
> about a 3 X 3 square on my sole table.  This is a little small for
DSII, so
> I thought I might try a little Stargrunt on it, using my DSII minis.

It works well enough - not as visually interesting as 15 or esp. 25mm
figs, but it does work. A friend has several platoons set up for 6mm SG2
-
individual bases, etc.

On a space as small as yours (only 3x3') you'll probably want to use
centimeters for range & movement - using inches, SG2 engagement ranges
are
about the same as DS2 ranges (the ground scale is different, of course).

Interestingly, if you use 6mm figs with inches in SG2, the ground scale
and the figure scale nearly match up - they figs are STILL a bit large,
but better than with 15mm, 25mm or regular DS2.

So yes, it does work, it's Stargrunt so of course it's fun, and you
should
give it a try!

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
      - http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Nebula/9774/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-

Prev: Re: [OT] Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff Next: Re: [OT] Unpainted Figures - was: OGRE stuff