Prev: [SG] Tracked ATV Next: Re: Dinasaur gaming

Re: [SG] Tracked ATV

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Wed, 9 Jun 1999 23:24:50 +0100
Subject: Re: [SG] Tracked ATV

>Can anyone tell me what the Surveyor tracked All Terrain Vehicle
>looks like (SF25-15). How big is it?
>
>A picture would be even better. . .I can't find one on the Geohex
>site or the GZG catalogue site.
>
>Thanks for any information.

Well, the model was inspired by the ATV from the 2300AD rulebook, and it
is
a broadly similar configuration though a bit taller and chunkier. I
don't
have one here to measure, but from memory it is about 120mm long and
about
60-70mm wide across the treads. A boxy vehicle, slant-sided, with a
windowed cab up front, airlock door on back, and running on two wide
tread
units. Has a ring mount on roof that can take an observation dome, or
even
a light weapon turret for a militarised version (makes a good low-tech
or
improvised APC).
The reason for the lack of a picture is that it is a very old model that
we
re-released, and I never got round to doing a new photo for the
catalogue.
Hope this helps!

Jon (GZG)