Prev: Re: Toy Vehicle Alert! Next: Re: Toy Vehicle Alert!

RE: An introduction

From: "McClure, Kent" <kent.mcclure@l...>
Date: Wed, 09 Jun 1999 11:02:40 -0700
Subject: RE: An introduction

Okay, since everybody else seems to be doing it, I will come out of
lurkdom
and give my history.

Born in 1956, I was introduced to board wargaming through the old Milton
Bradly Dogfight! game (still have it and use it to play with my 10 year
old
son).  Cut my teeth on miniature gaming during early high school using
WRG
Ancients and WRG Armour rules (25mm and micro-armor, respectively).
First
intro to RPG was with Empire of the Petal Throne while a freshman at
college
(and enjoyed it greatly).  Expanded into probably too many periods for
gaming since then.  I have lots of micro-armor, about a dozen completed
DBA
armies, a US and a Confederate Navy fleet, a number of ancient ships, 2
completed HOTT armies, a number of OGRE! figures, a large number of
Starguard! figures, about 8 small, completed FT fleets (all non-spec
universes), and a whole slew of unpainted lead/resin/plastic for all of
the
above and not enough time to paint it all.

I am married to a non-gamer who supports my hobby, and have two
wonderful
children.  My son is currently 10 and enjoys when we have a chance to
game.
I've taught him Starguard! and FT when he was around 6 (or 7).	In his
first
game of FT, he trounced me severely.  My daughter is now 6, but she
hasn't
shown any interest in gaming.......Yet.

Kent McClure

Prev: Re: Toy Vehicle Alert! Next: Re: Toy Vehicle Alert!