Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: [OT] Re: An introduction

Re: An introduction

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 14:57:16 EDT
Subject: Re: An introduction

In a message dated 6/8/99 1:40:15 PM EST, Hauptman@concentric.net
writes:

<<
 Let's see, I'm 43 and I've been playing games ever since I can
remember. My
 father was a frustrated Bridge and Pinochle player, so I got "tutored"
in
card
 and board games from *real* early on - whether I wanted to or not <g>.
Hint
 Of The Day: Do *not* try and teach your 6 year old son to play
tournament
 rules Bridge - having been on the receiving end of that treatment, I
can tell
 you from personal experience that it does *not* work. :)  However,
Cribbage,
 Gin Rummy, Canasta, and other rummy varients work just fine at that
age.

My parents waited til I was 10 to teach me contract bridge - I used to
play
duplicate years back, til I moved away from my favorite partner and just

never got back to playing. I did learn to count
2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9-10-jack-Queen-King-Ace however.

Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: [OT] Re: An introduction