Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction

Re: An introduction

From: ScottSaylo@a...
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 13:04:26 EDT
Subject: Re: An introduction

In a message dated 6/8/99 9:54:03 AM EST, john@kovalic.com writes:

<< I've been a gamer for about 20 year now (gaaah!). I'm 36, which
bemuses me.
 A year ago, someone referred to me as a "veteran of the gaming
industry,"
 which scares the hell out of me.

I've been board war gaming since 1960 (AH Midway) and miniature
wargaming
using you fellow countryman (Donald Featherstone"s) Rules since 1963.
Yeah
Airfix! I still game using 1/72nd plastics and am heavily into ACW and
Napoleonics using those wonderful things. I mostly play historicals
using
Volley and Bayonet! The selection of plastics these days is marvelous.

<<
Both Dungeons and Dragons and Traveller, by the way, were bought at
Games
Workshop's Hammersmith shop, when it was a *real* games store...and a
GREAT
one at that! Brits on the list will know what I'm talking about.

I'm not British, but I've heard the shop was as good as White Dwarf
before
they disavowed the existence of all other games besides their home brew
-
none of which have I ever played nor want to!

<
I don't have a lot of time to game, anymore, so I tend to be selective
about what I play. FULL THRUST	is a passion. My roleplaying group is
the
inspiration for DORK TOWER. When its my turn to run games, they tend to
be
Call of Cthulhu and GURPS.

I never much cared for GURPS, but COC is my all time favorite RPG which
I've
had ever since the early eighties when it first came out.

<V. FUNNY THING YOU SHOULD MENTION! My wife has no patience for horor
games
either - must be a female thing.

<
One day, I'd like to try the other GZG games. But until I have the time,
Full Thrust is a great way for me to relax. I've used it with GZG minis
(my
fleets are NAC and FSE), and for Star Trek and Star Wars MicroMachine
minis. I'm looking forward to a Battlefleet Gothic conversion. And the
Mecha rules fascinate me. We'll see...

All the GZG mini games are well worth buying to support your gaming
habit.
Space Gothic is Games Workshop isn't it? If so I will continue to boycot
as I
object to their hideous pricing, their elitis attitude and their rather
more
than shady business practices. I consider Brian Ansell a gentleman
however,
and think he made a wise move when he sold out of that evil empire and
went
to skirmish and wargaming interests - Check out his historical minis for
Old
West, Victorian gaming and such one of the best lines available.

Prev: Re: An introduction Next: Re: An introduction