Prev: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games... Next: RE: [OT] Looking for snow speeders from Battle on Hoth kit

Re: [FT] Hull boxes & DCPs

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:51:09 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] Hull boxes & DCPs

Aaron wrote:

> (Okay, I know I'm a bit behind.  Deal. ^_- )

<g>

> >>If you bias the placement, it affects your DC capabilities (as if a
mass
> >>101 ship doesn't already) ;-)
> >
> >Actually I designed it to be efficient for the drives and hull; the
free DCP
> >was a happy but unintended bonus.
>
> "Efficient for drives and hull"?  I guess it does net you, say, an
extra
> PDS or armor box, but it's a bit... odd.

It's an effect of rounding hull and engine Mass separately instead of
adding them first... you can gain up to two "free" Mass for equipment
in some hull/engine configurations in this way, while losing as much in
others <shrug>

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games... Next: RE: [OT] Looking for snow speeders from Battle on Hoth kit