Prev: Re: [FT] Hull boxes & DCPs Next: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

Re: [FT] FSE-tactics

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 06:46:03 +0200
Subject: Re: [FT] FSE-tactics

-MWS- wrote in reply to Peter Forsythe:

> > After the last game we played we discovered
> > that the FSE is probable most dangerous when retreating (hmmm :)
> >
> > This allows the FSE to hang 20-24 inches in front of the on-comming

> > fleet and SM them to death.  If the attacking fleet is NSL the FSE
> > seems to be at their best as they can backup as fast as most heavy
> > NSL ships can advance.
>
> Hmmm - I'm not sure I follow you here.  The firing arc of the SMLs
are
> normally in the front 180 arc, so the only practical way of firing to
the rear
> when retreating is to use the vector movement rules.	Using vector
> movement halves your SM "lock" range down to 3 MU, making it much >
easier to miss.

The Vector movement rules themselves make it *much* easier to hit,
however - in particular it's no more difficult to hit a ship moving at
speed 50 than to hit one not moving at all. That's the reason for the
recommended - not compulsory! - downsizing of the SM target aquisition
area when you use Vector.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [FT] Hull boxes & DCPs Next: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...