Prev: Re: Schoon's Simpler Sensors Next: Re: [FT] FSE-tactics

Re: [FT] FSE-tactics

From: Peter Forsythe <pforsythe@h...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 09:36:10 PDT
Subject: Re: [FT] FSE-tactics

The problem with the FSE is that manouvering to stay just inside of 24
inches takes a bit of practice.  After the last game we played we
discovered
that the FSE is probable most dangerous when retreating (hmmm :)

This allows the FSE to hang 20-24 inches in front of the on-comming
fleet
and SM them to death.  If the attacking fleet is NSL the FSE seems to be
at
their best as they can backup as fast as most heavy NSL ships can
advance.

Additionally the first and possibly second salvos should be used against
the
escort ships not the capitals.	Escorts with ADFC should be targeted
first,
however, any light ship that can be stationed just beside a capital is
capable of soaking all SMs before they get to the capital.  Very
annoying..."Whadda ya mean all 8 salvos hit your @#$king destroyer?  I
was
gunning for the Battleship!"

Let me know if you get them working.