Prev: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Roleplaying Games... Next: Re: Schoon's Simpler Sensors

Re: Legal Stuff (was: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99))

From: Carmel J Brain <aebrain@d...>
Date: Mon, 07 Jun 1999 01:38:32 +1000
Subject: Re: Legal Stuff (was: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99))

Kenneth Winland wrote:

> > How did the GW-vs-Demonworld case go? The models were certainly
close
> > to one another, but not identical.
>
>	  I think that Demonworld backed down.	They probably could have
> beat it, but it would have taken money....

They reached an agreement. On what terms, I know not. But Daemonblade
managed to produce an original magazine article on Orcs with Machine
Guns and Goblins with Bolt Rifles that predated GW's WH40k. Which rather
put GW in a difficult spot when it came to defending their "look and
feel" bit.

--
	      http://www2.dynamite.com.au/aebrain
 abrain@cs.adfa.edu.au o O*OO^^^^OO*O o oo     oo oo	 oo

Prev: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Roleplaying Games... Next: Re: Schoon's Simpler Sensors