Prev: Re: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games... Next: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

Re: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

From: trapper <trapper@n...>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 1999 20:45:53 -0700 (PDT)
Subject: Re: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...

At 08:29 PM 6/3/99 -0700, Buji wrote:

>Well, I'd like to suggest Jovian Chronicles. It may look like an
anime-ish
>game (and you can play it that way) but you can also play a pretty
>hard-science game with it. And the system is pretty simple for an RPG.
>
>-Buji

I'm going to have to echo Buji on this one.  Jovian Chronicles is a very
realistic and well-researched RPG (Mark Vezina supplies an excellent
source
list in the Jovian Chronicles rule book).  The art work is obviously
anime-inspired, but the game can be deadly serious when run at the
Gritty
Reality Distortion Level. No FTL, no aliens, no artificial gravity.
It's a
bit like 2001 if you overlook the giant robot Exo-Armors. :)

The Dream Pod 9 website has a very nice introduction to the world of
Jovian
Chronicles.  It's well worth checking out, IMHO.

http://www.dp9.com/tour/JC.htm

Scott
trapper@nwlink.com

Prev: Re: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games... Next: Re: OT: Hard Sci-Fi Role Playing Games...