Prev: SG2/TBP Next: Re: FT: all this Stealth

[OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99) - rather long post....

From: Ground Zero Games <jon@g...>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 23:14:41 +0100
Subject: [OFFICIAL] FALLOUT 4 (June 99) - rather long post....

Hi all,

Some considerable time ago I posted some of our updates to the list,
just
to keep everyone informed as to what we're up to here at GZG.
They seemed to be reasonably well received, and no-one objected too
strongly, so I promised to keep up with them - well, of course this
hasn't
happened (!!), but as I've just done the latest update (Fallout 4) I
thought I'd post it as a text message (sorry, no piccies!) just to give
you
all something to drool over.....

Basically, this list is ALL the new stuff that has come out since we
printed the 1999 catalogue:

FALLOUT 99.4
GZG NEWS, JUNE 1999
ACCESSORIES, STOWAGE, HEAVY WEAPONS AND, OF COURSE, MORE WEIRDNESS.....

Salute '99 has come and gone (and we've just about recovered from the
frothing hordes trying to give us money...). Now we can all look forward
Salute 2000, which (in case you don't already know) will be moving to
Olympia - and it'll be a bit earlier, April 1st to be exact. Lots of
fun,
'cos Triples 2000 is the weekend after!! Of course, if the Curse of
Gates
strikes, it COULD turn into Salute 1900 instead......

Enough rambling, and back to GZG stuff. Lots more new goodies for you
this
time, including the much requested stowage and accessory packs for 25mm
vehicles (as seen on the Slammers vehicles at Salute and in the
MiniWargs
articles). Other long-awaited items out now or due for release very soon
are some crew-served weapons for the SG ranges - see below for full
details
of the first releases.
The "weird stuff" releases continue apace, with more Nuns, Bikers and
Bunnies, plus two completely NEW ranges of very cute figures - a
"miscellaneous characters" (CM) range which will have some fun figures
that
don't really fit into the other ranges, plus the first of the HELL'S
BELLES
- gorgeous and very well-built Demon Babes with horns, tails, guns,
whips,
demon-swords etc - oh, and large chests of course. Great as a really
different street gang as well as for SF/Fantasy crossover games (more
boobs
'n' guns - a sure recipe for good sales....)!

On a more practical level, any of you who have ordered from us in the
last
couple of weeks will have noticed something odd and unprecedented - you
have not had to wait weeks for your orders! We've always been well aware
that delays in mail-order turnround were our biggest problem, and we
know
just how frustrating it can be waiting for an order to arrive. Well, at
long, long last we've managed to organise things enough to get right up
date with despatches, and having got there we're going to try damn hard
stay that way. For the last week or so, almost every order we've had in
has
been turned round by return of post (apologies if we've given any of our
long-term customers a coronary over this...!). Now, we can't guarantee
that
it will always be like this, and it is very likely that close to the
bigger
shows and at other busy times we may well slip back a little again due
sheer pressure of things to be done*, but we are making every effort to
ensure that MOST orders will get turned round and out to you within just
few days of receipt.
We'd still ask that you allow up to 28 days where necessary, as there
will
inevitably be times when one of us is off sick or busy with other
things,
we get deluged with an unexpected volume of orders, or something simply
isn't in stock - please DON'T start calling us just because an order has
not arrived in two days (even if the previous one did), because all the
time we're taking calls like that we're not packing or making stuff!
Overall, though, we hope you'll all notice a VERY marked improvement.

[* Having said all this, the next few weeks may be a bit frenetic - I'm
on
holiday 7-11 June, then shortly after that Dave is moving house, so
please
don't panic if things take a few extra days or you get the answerphone
when
you try to call us!]

FALLOUT is intended to keep you informed about what is new and coming up
in
the GZG ranges and in the SF wargaming world in general. If you want to
receive copies of FALLOUT, plus our regular update sheets and special
offers, send us one or more stamped self-addressed envelopes - each time
we
publish a FALLOUT issue or a new update list we'll mail one out to
everyone
that we have an SSAE on file from.
Please note that some of the most important information given below is
repeated from FALLOUTS 99.1, 2 and 3, for the benefit of anyone who
missed
them. As we go through the year, FALLOUT will get steadily bigger as
each
issue includes all the new items released since the 1999 catalogue was
published..

FULL CATALOGUE:
The full 1999 catalogue of all GZG ranges is available at the usual
price
of £1, plus 50p postage if ordered separately or post free if ordered
with
other goods. For overseas customers, please send us 5 IRCs
(International
Reply Coupons) for a copy.

STOWAGE AND ACCESSORY PACKS:  metal add-ons for our 25mm vehicle range,
as
used on the Warlord's "Hammers Slammers" game vehicles!
£2.25
per pack - all OUT NOW!
25ACC-01	Crew Personal Stowage - packs, bedrolls, helmets, rifles
etc.
25ACC-02	Vehicle Tools and Fittings - steps, handrails, lights,
tools etc.
25ACC-03	Stowage Boxes and Cans - ammo boxes, jerrycans etc.
25ACC-04	Hatches and Weapons - assorted vehicle hatches, cupolas,
pintle weapons etc.

The HELL'S BELLES....
Another "faction" to go with our Nuns, Bunnies and Bikers - a bunch of
really mean-looking and voluptuous demon girls with horns, tails (cast
separately so you can twist 'em about to individualise the figures).
Great
for all sorts of weird scenarios, as well as just for the fun of it!
Martin
has really excelled himself with these figures, and there'll be more
soon!
Figures below are OUT NOW, price 85p each.

HB-01	Hell's Belle in shorts, croptop and thighboots, with assault
rifle
and hellblade
HB-02	Hell's Belle in shorts, croptop and thighboots, with barbed
stinger
whip and pistol
HB-03	Hell's Belle in studded leather outfit, with assault rifle
HB-04	Hell's Belle in basque and boots, with rocket launcher

Plus, the start of another NEW RANGE of miscellaneous characters (all
female - we know our market!!): 85p each, all OUT NOW!
CM-1	Cybertech bounty hunter in breathing mask, with twin gauss guns
CM-2	Blonde biker/mercenary in kinky leather outfit, crouching,
firing
heavy pistol two-handed
CM-3	Treasure hunter/explorer in shorts and tight top, with backpack
and
pistol

NEW GENTLEMENS' COLLECTABLES:
Strictly for the over-18s only!   £1.95 each - OUT NOW!
GC-30	"Fair Cop" - policewoman in US-style bike helmet and leather
jacket
(and not a lot else...), with nightstick and handcuffs.
GC-31	"The Movie Star" - Marilyn Monroe lookalike in classic "over the
air vent" pose.

NEW STARGRUNT 25mm ITEMS:
Eurasian Solar Union troops - crew-served weapons:
SGE-41	Auto Grenade Launcher on groundmount, with separate gunner and
spare ammo cassettes	£2.25
SGE-42	Tribarrel Autocannon on groundmount, with separate gunner and
spare
ammo boxes	£2.25
SGE-14A ESU kneeling squad leader or crew no.2 - ideal for use with
crew-served weapons	 85p.
New Anglian Marines - crew-served weapons:
SGA-45	RAM Mortar team, with separate launcher, ammo packs and 2 crew
figures       £2.75

NEW STREET LEVEL packs:
SL-12  NEWS TEAM: Cameraman, a technician kneeling at an uplink
terminal,
plus two female reporters - a smartly-suited one for civilian reporting,
and a combat zone reporter in fatigues and flak vest.	 £3.50.

SL-13  SECURITY VAN CREW: Two "Securicor" style personnel in helmets,
goggles and body armour - one carrying a strongbox, and one on guard
with
shotgun and respirator.  £1.65. VERY NEW - OUT NOW!

PHALON GROUND TROOPS AND VEHICLES!
The first of the PHALON alien ground forces - a very "different" race of
aliens getting away from the usual humanoid stereotypes - the Phalons
have
single three-lobed eyes, an extra joint in arms and legs and
semi-biotech
equipment. Nine poses of infantry out so far, plus the first three 25mm
resin vehicles (old customers may recognise the vehicles as part of the
alien range we used to produce many years ago, which we have had many
reqests to re-release - so, here are the first!)
Phalon Infantry: all 85p each.ALL AVAILABLE NOW!
SGH-01	Phalon trooper standing with pulser
SGH-02	Phalon trooper firing pulser
SGH-03	Phalon trooper standing, pulser at side
SGH-04	Phalon trooper running with pulser
SGH-05	Phalon trooper advancing with pulser
SGH-06	Phalon leader with pulser
SGH-07	Phalon trooper firing pulser one-handed
SGH-08	Phalon trooper with heavy support pulser
SGH-09	Phalon trooper with heavy support pulser and helmet
Phalon Vehicles (resin with metal accessories): OUT NOW!
SF25-901	Phalon Recon Pod			£3.50
SF25-902	Phalon GEV APC			£6.95
SF25-903	Phalon GEV Light Assault Tank		£6.95
MORE Phalon vehicles to be re-released soon - watch forthcoming updates
for
details and photos!

OTHER RELEASES FROM PREVIOUS UPDATES:
So that each issue of FALLOUT serves as a full update to the 99
catalogue,
here are the items that were listed as new releases in issue 99.3 and
earlier:

NSL Jager Troops (85p each):
SGN-61	Jager with RF Plasma Gun (standing)
SGN-62	Jager with heavy point-fire Plasma Gun (kneeling)
INFANTRY SKIMMERS with NAC-style riders:
SGA-51A      Infantry Skimmer with crouched rider (male), closed visor
SGA-51B      Infantry Skimmer with crouched rider (male), open visor
SGA-52A      Infantry Skimmer with standing rider (female), closed visor
SGA-52B      Infantry Skimmer with standing rider (female), open visor
For those of you who wish to use them with forces other than NAC troops,
there are also two variants with "Q" codes and "generic" helmet styles:
SGQ-04	   Infantry Skimmer with crouched rider (male), generic helmet
SGQ-05	   Infantry Skimmer with standing rider (female), generic helmet
SGQ-06	   Infantry Skimmer without rider
All skimmers with riders are £2.25 each; SGQ-06 is £1.50.

THE GAMERS, the new range we announced in the 99 catalogue, are some
very
tongue-in-cheek caricatures of all the people you see down at the games
club and at shows - they will also double very well as additions to the
civilians ranges!
NOW AVAILABLE at 85p each:
SLG-1	The Roleplayer
SLG-2	The Anorak
SLG-3	The Punk
SLG-4	The Trekkie
SLG-5	The Goth Chick
SLG-6	The Large Bearded One
SLG-7	The Large Girl
SLG-SET  All 7 figures for £5.50

RESIN 25mm VEHICLES:
SF25-103G	HOVER JEEP: open-topped jeep with fully detailed
interior,
single piece resin casting supplied with metal driver and gunner figures
plus pintle-mount tribarrel gun.	Price £4.95
NOW AVAILABLE (also at £4.95):
SF25-103 HOVER JEEP with NAC-style crew figures.

SF25-201	T-51 "LEVIATHAN" SUPER-HEAVY BATTLETANK:
A gigantic kit (our biggest apart from the Tactical Interface Transport)
of
a tracked heavy tank with six independant tread units, hypervelocity
main
gun, co-axial autocannon, 2 turret-mounted 4-shot missile pods	and an
antipersonnel tribarrel on the command cupola!	A truly awesome beast
for
your tabletop, consisting of 13 resin and 5 metal parts, measuring 220mm
long (inc. gun - hull length 180mm) and 120mm wide and weighing in at
not
far short of 1 Kg of resin and metal!!	Price £17.95

SF25-202	K-77 HALFTRACK PERSONNEL CARRIER: a large halftrack APC
with tread units at rear and four heavy all-terrain wheels at front.
Mounts
a support RF plasma cannon in remote turret. Kit of 13 resin and 4 metal
parts, approx. 135mm long x 85mm wide.	Price £11.95

SGQ-07 COMMAND OFFICERS: two staff officers in generic uniforms, one in
field cap and one in beret, in discussion over map table - includes 2
figures, table and accessories				£2.75 the set.

The new NUNS, BIKERS and BUNNIES: all AVAILABLE NOW unless otherwise
indicated. These are just the start of the long-overdue expansion of
these
ever-popular ranges - watch out for more in our next update!
NEW NUNS WITH GUNS: 85p each
NN-05	Battle Nun with rotary support MG
NN-06	Battle Nun with rocket launcher (firing from shoulder)
NN-07	Battle Nun with rifle, advancing
NEW BIKER BABES: 85p each
BB-07	Biker Babe in cap and jacket, advancing with assault rifle
BB-08	Biker Babe with rocket launcher (firing from shoulder)
NEW GUN BUNNIES: 85p each
BUN-5	Bunny advancing with rotary support MG
BUN-6	Bunny with rocket launcher
BUN-7  Bunny Leader with machine pistol

FLEET BOOK Vol.2:
Work is progressing on the FULL THRUST FLEET BOOK Vol.2 (The Xeno
Files),
and the current schedule is for publication in LATE SUMMER 1999 -
hopefully
in time for Colours. We will give you more information in later
newsletters.
1999 Catalogue notes/deletions:
PAGE 9: SF25 vehicle range: item SF25-73 (AV-4 VTOL) is UNAVAILABLE
until
further notice; this model is to be remoulded and re-released soon,
availability to be announced in future updates. SF25-57 and 67 have now
been remoulded to improve casting quality, and have now been relaunched
with all-new wheel castings - these are OUT NOW.
PAGE 22: FT Merchant Ships: FT309A, 311A and 314A are NOT in production;
release will be announced in later updates.

SHOWS AND CONVENTIONS:
The shows we're attending this year are:
BROADSWORD - Walthamstow	June 6
FIASCO - Leeds				June 19
GAMESFEST - Harlow			July 3
NOW - Norwich				July 10
UK GENCON - Loughborough		Sept 2-5
COLOURS - Reading			Sept 18/19
WARGAMER - Birmingham		Sept 26
SALVO - Colchester			Oct 17
SELWG - Crystal Palace			Oct 24
WARFARE - Reading			Nov 13/14
IMPORTANT NOTE: If you would like to place an advance order for
collection
at any of these shows, can you please get it to us (by post, phone,
email
or fax) at least TWO WEEKS before the date of the show.
Hope to see you all at at least one show during the year.

Jon Tuffley, GZG, June '99.

Prev: SG2/TBP Next: Re: FT: all this Stealth