Prev: [EFSB/B5W] Vorchan stand mounting Next: BFGothic- Review

FT Stealth

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 18:58:03 -0400
Subject: FT Stealth

>>One more question on this: will FB2 cover revised Stealth/Sensor/ECM,
and
if
>>so, do you have it sufficiently thought-out that the list can see it?
>
>No, and no. This will have to wait for FT3.
>
>Jon (GZG)

Okay, we're going to design The Stealth/Sensors/ECM System.  The
objective
is to develop something which is simple & easy to use, while giving a
flavor
of stumbling around wondering where your targets might be.  Definitions
first:

Stealth: is to keep you from being seen in the first place.  Powering
down
your ship helps a lot; having systems powered but not in use (such as
drives, screens, fire controls) helps a little.  Making an active sensor
scan ruins your stealthiness.  Bigger ships are less stealthy than
smaller
ships.

Sensors: Gathers information, ranging from:
a) none--"there's nothing out there"
b) bogey--"we can't pin it down, but there's something there"
c) range, vector, firing solution
d) ship class ID
e) current status/damage estimates

Sensors come in three classes (BES) and two modes (Passive/Active)
Basic
ranges P/A are 36"/54".

ECM: can't keep the enemy from knowing you're there, but it may keep him
from knowing what you are.  It may spoof missiles.

Next round (after caffeine) will toss out some proposals.

Prev: [EFSB/B5W] Vorchan stand mounting Next: BFGothic- Review