Prev: Game-ConII Next: Re: Mass for Points Tradeoff

Re: Mass for Points Tradeoff

From: Laserlight <laserlight@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 23:51:57 -0400
Subject: Re: Mass for Points Tradeoff

>I think that the new rules could stand a cost-for-mass tradeoff. Some
way
>that I can shoehorn in that last 10% (more or less) mass of systems,
>engines, ect. by paying more points for it. At it's most obscene it
could
be
>used to design "Defiant" or "White Star" type ships, those that are in
>limited production with outrageous power levels for their class. I
haven't
>really worked on the idea myself, but I'd certanly like to hear some
>thoughts (It would be a nice change from the resounding silence on the
>list).

I was thinking about Negative Stealth: you make yourself easier to
detect
and get, say, 3% cost reduction for the ship.  This stems from my
assumption
that military ships all have Basic Stealth to start with; if you're not
bothering with radar-absorbing hull coating and diffusing your drive
plume
and so forth, you can spend the mass to pack in more systems.

Prev: Game-ConII Next: Re: Mass for Points Tradeoff