Prev: Re: Bugs don't surf Next: Re: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

Mass for Points Tradeoff

From: "djwj" <djwj@e...>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 08:32:44 -0600
Subject: Mass for Points Tradeoff

>FWIW KayBee toys, AKA Toy Liquidators has the MPC Battle of Hoth kits
(with
>AT-Ats) for $4.99

Thanks for the tip!

>Michael Brown

>(Who thinks the list got REAL quiet)

Hellooooooo. Anyone Home?

Well I hope I can get some conversation started with this topic:

I purchaced the Fleet Book about two months back, and I noticed that all
the
scoutships are the FT equivalent of the Urbanmech from battletech (a
remarkeably unremarkable mech that has to run to turn around, and dosent
carry enough ammo to last a whole battle) The only scoutship that wasn't
half built was the ESU scout, and that was only a courier boat. Not only
that but I have heard on this list that all the designs look the same
and
I'm inclined to agree, for some reason it just seems harder to get what
you
want from the new design rules.

I think that the new rules could stand a cost-for-mass tradeoff. Some
way
that I can shoehorn in that last 10% (more or less) mass of systems,
engines, ect. by paying more points for it. At it's most obscene it
could be
used to design "Defiant" or "White Star" type ships, those that are in
limited production with outrageous power levels for their class. I
haven't
really worked on the idea myself, but I'd certanly like to hear some
thoughts (It would be a nice change from the resounding silence on the
list).

Prev: Re: Bugs don't surf Next: Re: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen