Prev: [DSII] - New dice rolling system to replace chit drawing. Next: RE: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

Re: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Tue, 25 May 1999 22:34:55 +1200
Subject: Re: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen

Ndege Diamond <nezach@earthlink.net> wrote:
> Of course, I am always interested in tactics.  Especially those that
deal
with taking on a larger, cheaper force of tracked vehicles and powered
infantry.
	I find airpower or aerospace ground attack fighter with GMS very
effective, particulary if GMS are "tossed" onto defending ADS/ZAD.
	For 'Mechs, quad MDC/4 on VSC/7 with twin HAPSW is very
effective in
totally obliterating virtually any opposing vehicle or PA infantry.
	For lightweight anti-tank vehicles, you can't really go past a
wheeled
VSC/2 with twin GMS/H in a turret, much like a LAV/AT. Put these in
units
of six and your opponent is running scared. Substitute vertical launch
and
fire them indirectly, with a half sized infantry element as spotters,
and
they're very hard to take out. Use GMS Waypoints and your opponent's
task
becomes nearly impossible.
	For artillery spotting, a VSV/1 VTOL with a infantry element
artillery
spotter are cool, but don't last long against twin HEL/5 armed tanks.
	For artillery, nothing compares to orbital artillery from a
dedicated,
100% available, orbital bombardment monitor, costed out at 1 Full Thrust
point equals 100 DSII points. If you can't quite afford that :-), a
battery
of six VHA on tracks is nice.
	For aerospace defence, Theater area defence using Brilliant,
GMS/7
equivalents, is terrifying! Particularly if combined with a few
on-table,
HEL armed, ZAD/ADS with interlocking fields of fire.
	I haven't decided on MICVs. I think the Israeli idea of
dedicating a tank
to carry a squad of infantry is the best idea. Light weight MICVs
(VSC/3),
like a Bradley or Warrior equivalent, are too easily blown away.
	To take out powered armour, I like HAPSW (draws 5 chits, 1.5
capacity).

Some of my aerospace designs are on the Switzerland section of my site.
intend to get the rest of my designs up there in the near future.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!

Prev: [DSII] - New dice rolling system to replace chit drawing. Next: RE: [DS] Calling all used tank salesmen