Prev: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM Next: Computer moderated PBeM for Full Thrust ideas

Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

From: Medains <medains@i...>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 08:36:31 +0100 (BST)
Subject: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

On 20-May-99 I climb as hard as anybody - I just do it on easier routes.
wrote:
> Keeping in mind that I am *not* a computer genius or super-programmer
> or anything of this sort, the very first two PBeM games I ran (and to
> my knowledge were the first two PBeM games run for Full Thrust or from
> the list), I hand-edited *every*thing. Later a friend 'threw together'
> some very basic movement code for me to use for positional
determinations
> (input current velocity, heading, location, and orders, it spit out
final
> velocity, heading, and location - it was finicky only in the way he
put
> it together with his notations, and totally uncommented (yes, Noam,
that
> would be Karl-ware  ;-)  for me to easily go in and 'fix up', and not
like
> I've had a lot of time to do so, anyhow). I've used the tool
extensively
> since in games I've run, but handedit detection reports, manually roll
> the die, etc. Would like to learn more about FTMAP but don't have the
> resources for it here.

  I'm currently thinking of writing something to computer moderate a
PBEM FT,
being a software developer by trade :)	I can see that slight
modifications are
going to be required to the turn order, and some restrictions on what
people
can do in order to allow a turn to be run in one go. (Otherwise you have
moving turn/firing turn)
  How have those who have moderated their own games handled this ?  What
restrictions have you made ?

Colin aka Medains

---
E-Mail: Medains <medains@iname.com>

Prev: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM Next: Computer moderated PBeM for Full Thrust ideas