Prev: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM Next: Re: FT design - weapons, template

Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

From: Jerry Han <jhan@c...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 11:22:56 -0400
Subject: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM

Medains wrote:

> I've noted from several web pages that people often play games via
email.	What
> I want to know is a) whether these games are human moderated/computer
moderated
> and b) whether any software tools are available (such as order
processors, image
> generators aso.. )
>
> Thanks
>
> Colin Plummer aka Medains

FT Showdown and FT Racing had position reports calculated and generated
by
Perl scripts, using a Trig/FT Perl library I've written.  FTMAP to
generate
maps (available from FT Computer Core - take a look at the FT FAQ for
the
URL, or I've got a link off of the GZG-L archives I maintain.)	Firing
and
Damage are done by hand, for maximum flexibility.

It takes me about an hour to do a turn, two or three if the firing
orders
are complex, or if there are a lot of ships.  (FT Showdown had 20-25
ships
involved, FT Racing had 8.)

J.

--
/ Jerry Han -  CANOE Canada - jhan@canoe.ca -
http://people.canoe.ca/jhan \

Prev: Re: Full Thrust and PBEM Next: Re: FT design - weapons, template