Prev: Re: [FH] Mercenaries (long) Next: Re: [FH] Mercenaries (long)

FT design - weapons, template

From: Glen Bailey <Glen.Bailey@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 07:07:43 -0400
Subject: FT design - weapons, template

Ug.  Am I the only one that dislikes the template concept?
(although I do like the Plasma Torpedo templates from
Starfleet Battle Manual, but then I destroyed a Fed DN with
a Rom warbird with one shot in a battle.  It was glorious!)

As for the PJC, why those ranges?  One of the things I like about FT
is weapons have ranges divisible by 6.

Glen

-
> Plasma Jet Cannon
> Mass: 6	Cost: 20
> Single Arc Only
> ShortRange:	 2"-8"
> MediumRange:	 8"-14"
> LongRange:	14"-20"
>
> Damage potential as a combination of range and duration.
>  short range: 9pts 1st turn, 6pts 2nd turn, 3pts 3rd turn
>  medium range:	7pts 1st turn, 4pts 2nd turn, 1pt 3rd turn
>  long range:	5pts 1st turn, 2pts 2nd turn
>
> Screens reduce damage by one point per level.
>
> Like a squirt of acid, which splashes and splatters, clinging to the
victim,
> the Plasma Jet eats away the armor, hull, and structure of the
target.
> (Threshold checks caused by hull ruptures and high energy discharge.)

Um. You didn't include any to-hit mechanism for this one... if it uses
a Wavegun template it'd probably be OK, but if it hits automatically it
is *WAY* too powerful.
-

Prev: Re: [FH] Mercenaries (long) Next: Re: [FH] Mercenaries (long)