Prev: And so it begins. . . Next: Re: Nannite Torpedo

Re: FT Design

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 18:50:26 +0200
Subject: Re: FT Design

Some days ago, Jesse Casey wrote:

> Weapon

> Plasma Jet Cannon
> Mass: 6	Cost: 20
> Single Arc Only
> ShortRange:	 2"-8"
> MediumRange:	 8"-14"
> LongRange:	14"-20"
>
> Damage potential as a combination of range and duration.
>  short range: 9pts 1st turn, 6pts 2nd turn, 3pts 3rd turn
>  medium range:	7pts 1st turn, 4pts 2nd turn, 1pt 3rd turn
>  long range:	5pts 1st turn, 2pts 2nd turn
>
> Screens reduce damage by one point per level.
>
> Like a squirt of acid, which splashes and splatters, clinging to the
victim,
> the Plasma Jet eats away the armor, hull, and structure of the
target.
> (Threshold checks caused by hull ruptures and high energy discharge.)

Um. You didn't include any to-hit mechanism for this one... if it uses
a Wavegun template it'd probably be OK, but if it hits automatically it
is *WAY* too powerful.

> System

> Ground Assault Company
> Mass: 10	Cost: 52
>	Drop Bay [Mass: 6]
>	    Dropship [Mass: 5]
>		4 Class-3 APC (2 Squads of 2 Fireteams each)
>	Troop Barracks [Mass: 4]
>	    40 CombatTroops + 10 SupportTechs

A strict reading of the DSII ground vehicle design rules (which are
cinda assumed in the FT/DSII interface rules you're using here) doesn't
allow 4 fireteams/elements to be put into a Size-3 vehicle.

Are the vehicles permanently stored in the shuttle? Otherwise I get a
Mass of 11 for the entire company. Similarly I get the cost to 17, not
52: 2 for the bay + 10 for the shuttle + 5 (for the vehicle and troop
areas). Are the troops the remaining 35-36 points?

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: And so it begins. . . Next: Re: Nannite Torpedo