Prev: Re: Nannite Torpedo Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #287

Re: Nannite Torpedo

From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@x...>
Date: Wed, 19 May 1999 14:14:31 +1200
Subject: Re: Nannite Torpedo

Michael Brown wrote:
> I do understand that nano-machines are in the works, however the
abilities that are proscribed to them are just too much.  Larry Niven
wrote
an essay on the societal effects of teleportation, I was using that as
the
model of the environmental (natural and Man-made) of nano-tech "Life".
If
it can reproduce and if it can move, it will escape.  And what happens
when
it does.  Maybe the virus model does apply...

	To relieve your very real concerns about nano-tech, see:
		http://www.foresight.org
	for more info and solutions to these problems you pose. This is
the source
to find out more about nano-tech, the problems posed by nano-tech and
the
solutions that our society has to come up with. The worst problem about
nano-tech is being ignorant of it. Cure that problem by looking at the
site
shown above.

Andrew Martin
Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
Online @ 33,600 Baud!

Prev: Re: Nannite Torpedo Next: Re: The GZG Digest V1 #287