Prev: Re: [FT] Playing with Big Ship Models Next: Re: Stargrunt in the Big Room with the Blue and (some

[FT] Playing with Big Ship Models

From: CLL@L...
Date: Fri, 14 May 1999 14:30:16 +0000
Subject: [FT] Playing with Big Ship Models

As long-time list members will recall, I described an idea using large
size
kits, say 30cm and larger Ertl kits, mounted on metre-long polls based
with
movement recticle over a small spike, for using in parks.

I've tried several times building such beasts, even a few battle
attempts,
but my construction skills are VERY poor. You get great looks and
questions, though, and you DO get good opportunity for being in fresh
air,
unusual for most gamers. ;->=
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Just to make you guys and gals jealous I've played in a several games
like
this and helped run a couple as well.
We hired a school sports hall and played in the Trek universe as there
are
lots of easily available kits, with a grossly simplified version of the
SFB rules.
The ships crew (up to 3 players per ship),  had to move different
coloured
power counters (painted pennies) around an SSD each turn to power
drive, shields and weapons. Jim Wallman, who invented the system, ran
several Megagames, in Final Frontier 3, we had nearly 50 ships+
fighters,
over 150 people playing all day. 5 or 6 linked scenarios.
Running FT rules is a fascinating idea......

Try going here www.pastpers.co.uk/universe

This should link to Jim's game stuff, I don't know if the Final Frontier
stuff is
still on his site, but you can email him and ask.

Krass

Prev: Re: [FT] Playing with Big Ship Models Next: Re: Stargrunt in the Big Room with the Blue and (some