Prev: Re: [BFG] Eldar Shadow-class cruiser Next: Re: [BFG] Eldar Shadow-class cruiser

Re: [BFG] Eldar Shadow-class cruiser

From: "Jonathan White" <zzalsjfw@f...>
Date: Wed, 12 May 1999 11:34:44 +0100
Subject: Re: [BFG] Eldar Shadow-class cruiser

On 12 May 99, at 6:26, Nyrath the nearly wise wrote:
> Aaron Teske wrote:
> > My first thought on assembly: you're not going to get away with just
> > using superglue.  Either use something stronger, or (my favorite)
pin
> > like crazy.
>  Nice review! Thanks for the info.
Indeed. Friend of mine preordered the Eldar Battle fleet and it arrived
Monday. It's a fair heap of metal at a not unreasonable (by GW standards

anyway) price. Of course, soon after he ordered they changed the bundle
-
added another cruiser worth £8 and put the bundle price up by £10...

>  And for us poor novices, would you please explain the
>  process of "pinning?"  Do you drill holes with a
>  Dremel tool and insert metal pins?
Exactly that. The idea is that you then glue the pins into each side of
the
two objects you want to pin together. The trick is doing the drilling
right
so the bits fit together with the pins in :).
I've found that generally snipping the 'straight' bits of paper clips
make
'pins' good enough for the job. You just need something fairly thin but
rigid.
AlthougH I don't use a dremel tool - it seems a bit overkill to me. You
can
do deep enough holes easily by hand with a pinvice.

			TTFN
				Jon
"Did you have a good world when you died? Good enough to base a movie
on?"
    - The Doors
Jonathan White, COS group, Manchester University

Prev: Re: [BFG] Eldar Shadow-class cruiser Next: Re: [BFG] Eldar Shadow-class cruiser