Prev: FT-pedia list Next: Re: [MISC] Omega Warrior

[MISC] Omega Warrior

From: "John C" <john1x@h...>
Date: Sat, 08 May 1999 15:17:29 GMT
Subject: [MISC] Omega Warrior

Flagship Games, creator of "Mecha" is apparently selling a new 25mm SF
skirmish game called "Omega Warrior".

http://www.flagshipgames.com/omegawarrior.htm

OW appears to be very much in the Starship Toopers vein, with REALLY
powerful Powered Armor -- the typical battle seems to have no more than
two
or three PA suits on a side.  In one of the battle reports upon their
page,
a 4 man squad of PA wipes out an 18 regular infantry without working up
sweat.	There are not going to be dedicated figures as far as I can
tell,
but they say that it can be used with any SF miniatures in existence.
As a
matter of fact, the battle that I mentioned above uses (and gives proper

credit to) GZG figures -- NSL PA vs. NAC regulars.  It looks
interesting,
but I've never heard of it before.

They are also working on a generic space combat game called Starship!
and
they will produce miniatures for it.  They are claiming that it will be
true 3D environment, using their "Battlepoles".  I suspect that ships
will
be resin, and a bit too big for FT, but you never know -- the pictures
seem
to bear this out, though.

http://www.flagshipgames.com/starship.htm

John Crimmins		john1x@hotmail.com	 johncrim@voicenet.com
	http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/index.html
     Home of "Destroy All Monsters!" and other nonsense.

Prev: FT-pedia list Next: Re: [MISC] Omega Warrior