Prev: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.] Next: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]

Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]

From: Jonathan Jarrard <jjarrard@f...>
Date: Fri, 07 May 1999 10:09:46 -0400
Subject: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]

ScottSaylo@aol.com wrote:

> Most die cast vehicles (cars, light trucks) are 1/67th Matchbox scale
and
> just a trifle too big for 25's but totally usable  Other things like
Hot
> Wheels are not in a constant scale at all and you have to have an eye
for
> what will work and what will not.

I was referring to the larger '1/43' vehicles:	Ertl, Corgi, Road Kings,
whoever keeps putting out those wonderful '50's and '60's cars and
trucks, the (really expensive) O scale vehicles you find in good train
shops, etc.

There is also a French company whose name escapes me at the moment that
has been putting out a lot of very nice WWII vehicles and some modern
French AMX AFVs.  Other nice 1/43's are available, including a variety
of HMMVs.  The larger Battle Squads plastic vehicles (M-113, Tiger,
Sherman, Merkava, LVTP-7, etc.) are also approximately 1/43.
Unfortunately, the smaller Battle Squads vehicles (VW jeep, armored car,
etc.) are closer to 1/72.

Prev: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.] Next: Re: Scale? [Was: Re: The Naboo Fighter.]