Prev: Re: [FT] BFG Fighters Next: RE: [FT] DamCon Parties

Re: [FT] BFG Fighters

From: devans@u...
Date: Thu, 6 May 1999 09:20:38 -0500
Subject: Re: [FT] BFG Fighters

***
I have to say, they look surprisingly good.  Even more surprising,
though,
is the prices: they seem to be almost...reasonable.
***

Frightening, I know. Sort of the way reduced-priced Gorkamorka boxes
look
to ork players. ;->=

***
If you're curious, go to www.games-workshop.com, go to the "On-line
Store",
and check out the "New Releases" section for some color pictures.
***

Well, under 'sneak previews' all I can find are color drawings. Don't
doubt
they are fine little machines. I've a feeling that the bombers are more
courier-size in GZG terms.

***
Of course, the capital ships are still absurdly priced.  I'm keeping an
eye
on Bartertown, hoping someone decides to dump some extras from the boxed
set.
***

Well, the battleships are high; the cruisers, especially if you go for
the
original boxed set, are quite reasonable, I think. I'm still convinced I
can
make an acceptable Imperial battleship from a pair of cruisers and a
little
work...

***
On a semi-related note, I hear that in Australia the Epic 40K stuff was
all
sold off at 50% of the full price.  Is there a plan to do something
similar
in the U.S.?  I actually like some of the models, and wouls pick up a
few
more at that price....
***

I'm seeing them more and more in stores at 25%-50%, even a few of the
delightful
Eldar fighter/bombers. I've almost enough to try and think of a good FT
fleet,
along with the Eldar 'tanks'. Seems to be plenty of ork to go around, if
that's
what you like... ;->=

Prev: Re: [FT] BFG Fighters Next: RE: [FT] DamCon Parties